ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER - PORTLAND, OR
Emser Tile, LLC, the nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors seeks an experienced ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER - PORTLAND, OR.
Come join Emser Tile, the nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors. We are recognized as 2019’s top 50 places to work and have been awarded as one of the top training programs GLOBALLY for the second year in a row!
Emser Tile seeks a dedicated and professional Assistant Operations Manager to manage daily branch operations while planning, scheduling, and directing branch personnel to ensure customer satisfaction, increase revenue and drive productivity. The Assistant Operations Manager is a working manager who knows how to drive the business forward, directing the team to achieve goals of both external and internal customers. In this position, you will establish mutual respect, set realistic objectives, address conflicts quickly, and attract and develop high potential associates. The ideal candidate will manage the team with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, the values, and the mission of Emser Tile.
The ideal candidate will be eager to work in a fast-paced environment where day-to-day priorities are carefully balanced and will be a highly analytical and quick thinker with the ability to evaluate and solve complex day to day issues.
What you will do...
- Provides operational leadership for areas of the branch including; Inventory Management, Loss Prevention, Risk Management, Customer Service, Order Management and Training / Development
- Monitors/drives operational efficiencies and is accountable for key operational metrics
- Plans and supports sales and marketing activities
- Equips sales with the information, tools, and learning to drive sales effectiveness
- Communicates regularly and partners with Branch Manager and corporate office teams
- Provides information regularly to corporate management
- Participates in development and design of process improvements
- Participates in refinement and analysis of current operational policies and procedures
- Monitors branch operating expenses such as stationery expenditures and freight costs Conducts branch quality meetings to communicate information and resolve problems
- Assists with requests relating to inventory management, scheduling, recalls, service problems, procurement of supplies, etc.
- Maintains the highest standard of quality and safety for branch personnel
- Stays current and is responsible for implementing applicable safety regulations at the branch location
- Performs other tasks as required
Ideal candidate will have...
- Minimum of 5 years of Operational Experience
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Experience in development of operational procedures and programs
- Detail orientation; ability to review and assess details quickly
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person and on the phone
- Numbers Oriented; Profit and Loss Statement management experience required (P&L)
- Solution Oriented; able to determine solution for multiple levels of the business
- Ability to effectively manage one's own time and the time of others
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
- Experience with JD Edwards software a plus
- Stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Sit, climb or balance
- Lift and/or move up to 110 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- May be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- The noise level is usually loud
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
We believe every employee should be rewarded fairly for a job well done! As an Emser employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) retirement investment plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment.
The Emser employee benefits package includes:
Paid Vacation Time
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People...
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world's finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser's employee benefits package also includes:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.