Emser Tile, a Glassdoor Employee's Choice Winner for Best Places to Work for 2019 and a nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors, seeks an Audit Manager to develop and drive an internal audit team in our financial division. This position will work closely with our operations team to ensure best practices are in place and that we are SOX compliant (like). We are privately held, but want someone with their CIA and/or significant time at a mid to large Public Accounting Firm. While there will be travel involved, the role will be based in the West Hollywood area of Los Angeles. We will offer relocation, if needed, to the successful candidate who dreams of living in our beautiful area of the country. This job requires a great deal of effort, skill, and drive and will offer an extremely competitive compensation package to the candidate who is placed in the role.
• Manage and execute SOX (like) Audit program under the supervision of the Controller, which includes planning, testing and reviewing of internal controls
• On a project by project basis, supervise staff, consultants and provide on-the-job training, where required; review work papers and reports prepared by internal audit staff
• Assist CFO and Controller in annual audit planning and in performing annual SOX-like risk assessment and scoping
• Responsible for identifying, performing a preliminary assessment, documenting and reporting of control deficiencies to CFO and/or Controller.
• Work with Finance Department to execute operational and compliance reviews at the corporate level, which includes but are not limited to planning, scoping, auditing, and reporting
This role will require up to 50% national travel.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum 5-7 + years of relevant experience required, preferably in public accounting and / or private industry experience with a public company; Big 4 experience is desirable, but experience in a CPA firm is essential
• Strong experience and knowledge of best practices in operational and compliance review
• Understanding of US GAAP, auditing principles and internal controls
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
• CPA, CIA, CISA or other professional audit designation desirable
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office including expert level experience with Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, vlookup, index, etc.)
• Familiar with sales platform and ERP
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People...
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world's finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser's employee benefits package also includes:
· Paid Vacation Time
· Paid Holidays
· Life Insurance
· AD&D Insurance
· Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.