DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT- Santa Rosa, CA
Emser Tile, LLC, the nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors seeks an experienced DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT- Santa Rosa, CA.
Emser Tile seeks an experienced Design Sales Consultant for our local Branch. The Design Sales Consultant is part of the Emser Showroom team, tasked with supporting, servicing and driving sales volume through key account management and new business development. The role is accountable for the showroom experience, customer engagement and design consultations as well as the overall day to day, aesthetics, merchandising and usage of the showroom space.
- Sales centric role with strong competencies in project management and design
- Accountable for developing and capitalizing on all sales efforts on the Showroom floor with specific focus on walk ins, architects, designers, custom home builders, general contractors, developers and design-build firms
- Drive sales efforts on the showroom floor by professionally greeting, qualifying and assisting both walk in customers as well as appointment based customers
- Flexibility to be present within the Emser Showroom (80%) as well as be able to cultivate new business in the field through industry involvement and strategic partner and client meetings (20%)
- Partner with the Branch Manager and Regional Sales Manager to prospect new accounts, expand reach and maximize sales volume by growing existing business and developing new relationships
- Create a business plan and strategy to ensure that there is continuous growth in showroom foot traffic, including events, customer appointments, repeat business, referrals, new business and walk-ins
- Entertain and frequently attend high profile industry events and trade associations (AIA, ASID, IDS, NKBA)
- Provide accurate and timely order and product information to the client including pricing, specifications, installation guidelines, care and warranty
- Identify outreach opportunities, including marketing and promotional opportunities to increase showroom sales and traffic
- Partner with Branch Operations and to resolve client issues in timely manner and to client’s satisfaction
- Provide design consultation for all walk in and/or scheduled showroom traffic with high ability to influence in the product selection process
- Create detailed specifications/designs for customers and work with members of the team throughout the quoting process
- Manage the details of multiple design projects in a timely manner
- Handle all sample needs, quotes and sales tasks related to the customer projects
- Develop key initiatives to drive showroom traffic including events, product knowledge training and client appointments
- Stock, merchandise and maintain all sales support materials within the showroom to ensure representation of our current product line and brand are met
- Ensure the showroom is clean, organized, and a safe work environment
- Meet sales goals and enjoy the upside of variable compensation programs that reward exceeding plan
- 3-5 years of inside/outside sales and/or business development experience with strong client service focus
- Design and Showroom experienced preferred
- Proven track record in sales, project management and design
- Knowledge of industry trends,
- Familiar with the local A&D community with strong connections within the industry and an established book of business
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to time manage between multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- An expert in influential / collaborative sales and negotiation techniques, including analytical skills that can identify and exploit key opportunities
- Thrive in a competitive and dynamic sales environment
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas and goals
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to listen and translate client’s needs into sales
- Strong persuasion skills and the ability to influence others
- Tile and flooring industry experience preferred
- Showroom management experience preferred
- Specification analysis and RFP response preparation a plus
- College B.A. / B.S. degree preferred
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People...
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world's finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser's employee benefits package also includes:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.