DC CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR
Emser Tile, LLC, the nationwide supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors seeks an experienced DC CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR.
The Central Order Supervisor (COS) assists in overseeing the Central Order Team and is part of the Customer Service Department. The COS is responsible for the day-to-day order management of Emser’s national accounts within the Builder, Commercial, Retail, and Mass Merchant/e-Commerce segments, and for providing additional branch support regarding the order administration of high-volume-transaction accounts and occasional phone and branch folder support. The overall mandate for this role and for the Customer Service Department is to provide external/internal customers with an effortless customer experience with the ultimate goal of achieving customer service excellence. This position reports to the Central Order Manager.
The Central Order Team is positioned as a “next-level” service model providing a “single-point” of contact for high volume; multiple location customers. The Central Order Team is expected to be the “solution” for branch teams and customers through utilizing an in-depth knowledge of company systems, order processes, products, and service programs; as well as maintains a high level of productivity and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises central order personnel in meeting/exceeding important customer centric KPI’s.
- Monitors the daily work schedules and activities of central order team members; including payroll management, time-off requests, and CSR back-up support.
- Provides account coverage and work overflow support as needed, i.e., processing orders, issuing credits, responding to customer emails, handling queue phone volume, etc.
- Partners with Central Order Managers to provide direction and guidance to Central Order team members.
- Ensures accurate entry of purchase orders, pricing adherence, and sourcing of materials within JD Edwards ERP system.
- Acts as a liaison between Allocations, Branch, DC, Sales, and Transportation personnel when sourcing material and expediting shipments.
- Performs daily audits of customer email folders to ensure proper management and timeliness of purchase orders and emails are regularly achieved.
- Coaches and trains CSR’s and Leads in the performance of central order tasks and responsibilities; including up-selling/cross-selling opportunities.
- Publishes Daily Productivity Reports and Performance Management Dashboards to the Central Order team.
- Occasionally troubleshoots with IT on system-related challenges to root-cause problems and identify solutions.
- Partners with IT on testing applications when new systems and system enhancements are first introduced and launched.
- Partners with Marketing on timely responses to social media posts regarding Use & Care, Product Installation, and 1-star customer reviews.
- Handles customer escalations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Regional DC Manager, the Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the receipt, printing, preparation and distribution of orders to the shipping floor in support of branches as identified in the daily shipping schedule. Ensures all receipts and shipments are accurately updated in JDE and serves as a communication focal point for branch and customer support requirements.
Branch Customer Service
- Ensures the execution of company policies and procedures
- Responsible for Training / Coaching of workgroup staff
- Supervises a workgroup of 3-5 customer Service Representatives
- Provides detailed direction, set priorities and provides feed back to the workgroup
- Drives operational efficiencies throughout the DC
- Drives safety program
- Effectively communicates and interacts with DC and Corporate Management
- Ability to effectively communicate the vendors and branch personnel
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in customer service at the branch or DC level
- Detailed knowledge of Emser business processes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a focus on excellent customer service
- Experienced in Training and Development of hourly employees
- Demonstrated leaderships capability
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experienced with PC to and enterprise software systems
- Works in a normal office environment with the occasional requirement to spend time on the DC production floor to review the status of receipt and shipment activities.
The Emser Tradition of Excellence Comes From its People...
Since its establishment in 1968, Emser Tile has become the leading supplier of the world's finest tile and natural stone. Through our international production network and product development expertise, we offer myriad of possibilities that help retailers, contractors, homebuilders, commercial builders, architects & designers bring their ideas to life. Although Emser has grown rapidly, our on-going dedication to outstanding quality and service remains the hallmark of our success.
Emser is always seeking knowledgeable, career-minded professionals to become a part of our team and help drive our growth and expansion into new and existing markets. When it comes to challenging and rewarding career opportunities, Emser is the place to be!
As an Emser employee, you will enjoy healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Your financial well-being will be supported through our 401(k) plan. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding professional work environment. Emser's employee benefits package also includes:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
Emser provides ongoing opportunities for professional training, and encourages internal advancement and mobility.